Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Feaster


       Long gone are the days when my family would make my cousins and I run around the house looking for pastel coloured eggs. After trying and failing to regenerate that tradition this year, I have decided to just bum around before Mass, after lunch, and before dinner. Oh what a life, this life. Just kidding! I still remember those days like it was yesterday. Running around hotel ballrooms, like it was my playground. Sometimes I wish I could stop time, or at least slow it down so I could appreciate every moment more intensely. Staying in the present seems and sounds easy, but it's also easy to slip in and out of la la land. Before you know it, you haven't slept all night and it's already seven am in the morning. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should be grateful we're alive. Some people are struggling just to fight for their next few breaths. Cherish each moment you make, especially the ones with your loved ones.

      Well today's agenda was just Mass then my family and I met up with my mother's side for our Easter Dinner. Say hello to " Cook your own Korean Food" Restaurant (The name was something hard to pronounce, so I couldn't remember it.) The restaurant was located in the North side of town and a place where I don't go occasionally but it's such a great place to shoot (unfortunately it was too dark). I'm going to be collaborating with a few friends soon and I'll finally get to shoot there (under the freaking sun, yay I'm so excited, NOT). This is one of the few places in Manila where Graffiti art is on buildings, parking lots, and sides of stores. Those were commissioned works, and not petty crimes committed by these self-proclaimed rebels.

     Tonight's outfit of the day kinda gave off the Nightclub-Audrey Hepburn-rebel- Hollywood-esque look. My mom said it was the " You can look but can't touch" outfit. I still think it's more of a "I'm goddamned sexy but I don't know it." kind of look.

      I haven't done my make-up since the recital, and since tonight was pretty special, I wanted to look pretty, I used my base look. It's a simple refreshing way to make me look like myself, except sharper. A few of my favourite no make-up make-up finds.


an overview.


Sophie Magic Pink - Blush Cream


Sophie Magic Pink Packaging


Kanebo Lunasol - compact foundation




Kanebo Lunasol- Compact foundation (Mutilated by my make-up artist, Elmo)


Victoria's Secret Kabuki Brush


Victoria's Secret Kabuki Brush


Elf Waterproof Eyeliner Pen - Liquid Eyeliner (My absolute fave)


Stilla Peach Lip Gloss


Make-up For Ever in shade number 1 - Concealer.

I first discovered this brand in Hong Kong at the bottom of the Times Square mall. I've been looking for a new brand of concealer since my Smashbox one ran out. The problem with looking for the perfect concealer for me is the shade I need. My skin tone is really fair but I have really bad eyebags. It's so bad that I have taken to describing it as The bags under my eyes are Prada. Since my skin is fair and I need a lot of coverage, I tend to use either stick or cream concealer. The  problem with that is that it's really hard to apply when you're in a hurry (like when you wake up late for school). Liquid concealer is slightly easier to use but I still have to put a light layer of foundation over it so it wouldn't look so matte. 

OOTD



bandeau from Bench Body, Top from Bershka (madrid), Shorts from Bayo, Flats from Zara, Bag from Louis Vuitton, Necklace from Accessorize.


bandeau from Bench Body, Top from Bershka (madrid), Shorts from Bayo, Necklace from Accessorize

This necklace was actually 3 layers. Unfortunately during an incident that happened in my Seventh Grade Graduation Ball, it broke because some crazy kid started pulling people's necklaces. The fact that it's such a chameleon astounds me. I can literally wear it with anything and it would add class points to the whole outfit and make it look dressier. 

some really weird and random close-ups. 






I didn't know how thin the eyeliner was until now tbh...
Sorry 'bout the acne problem HAHAH


bandeau from Bench Body, Top from Bershka (madrid), Shorts from Bayo, Flats from Zara, Necklace from Accessorize.


 Shorts from Bayo, Flats from Zara.

poison of the day: 



Super in love with this Jet Black Louis Vuitton handbag. Though the handles aren't the most comfortable, they aren't the most painful ones either. When my dad and I were at Y-3 shopping earlier, I asked him if there was a key to that lock. Apparently the key was so aptly hidden. (I won't tell you where it is though). I don't even know why there's a lock in the first place. It's not like it's locking anything. 


Our white Mini Cooper accidentally parked beside a brown Mini Cooper! How cute is that? Can they just make tiny Cooper babies already? :(


Mang and Aunt Marge


Mang and Aunt Marge


Mang and Mommy

Guys my grandmother is absolutely gorgeous. Her fashion style is off the charts too. Yes, I call my Grandma "Mang". She tells all her grandkids to call her that. Haha. Most of my mom's side are extremely fashionable people. Mostly they love statement neck pieces. 



We had dinner at this really quaint korean resto where you cooked your own food. The experience was really good and to top it off, we ordered Japanese rice. Okay, one thing you should know about me is that I'm obsessed with Japanese "sticky" rice. For some reason the stickiness makes the rices ten times tastier. 









What made the night so special was that I got to bond with my two kid cousins. We spent the night rainbowlooming away. I even got to take home 6 bracelets (I had to pay for them by the way)! I've never really talked to them before, I don't really know how to talk to kids since I'm an only child. Tonight they even taught me how to rainbowloom, I mean how sick is that? Although, my creative credibility is now on the line since it took a nine year old and several hours for me to learn how to do it... Oh well Falafel. 
Keona and Kitten are by far the most creative kids I know. They go to this school in the mountains that promotes an alternative creative learning environment. They don't have uniforms and tests, *drools*. I actually (surprisingly) can't wait to hang with them! I also think I need to act like my age more...



As usual, the annual "Picture Taking Time" was done more than once during the celebration. I guess my family just wants to take home a digital remembrance of this night. A favourite memory of mine from tonight would probably be the amazing mango ice cream at Red Mango, even though I was craving for Jamba Juice. 

It's 3:35 AM, I think I need to go to bed and get some "beauty" (fat chance that'll do) sleep. Will post an outfit shoot tomorrow. 

P.S. Comment what you did this easter <3






     


44 comments:

  1. In love with your shirt oh my god! But for Easter I went over to a family member's house for a late lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mckenzie! :)) Ohh that sounds fun! :)

      Delete
  2. so cute photos omg *.*
    Like your blog, do you want to follow each other on IG and GFC? :) Just let me know <3
    http://coldinvitation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I'll go and follow you on both later :)

      Delete
  3. Great job with the outfit.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ! I'd be happy to follow each other on GFC, follow me and let me know when you're done so that I can follow you back =D

    http://lorallure.blogspot.com

    Love
    -Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followed you back but on Google Friend Connect, can you do the same please ? =)

      http://lorallure.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. Lovely outfit, I love the classy black and white combo on the top, as well as those acid wash shorts! That bag is amazing too :) Your makeup also looks beautiful! Glad you got to spend some quality time with your family, this time of the year is so important for acknowledging those who are important in your life (esp God!).

    P.S. I'm already following your blog on GFC and just followed on Bloglovin', hope you can follow back soon lovely!

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deborah!
      Thank you so much!!! You're absolutely right! :)
      I'll follow you back in a jiffy. :)

      Delete
  6. Your outfit is so cute and I like your natural makeup look!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!
    Buona Pasquetta, un bacio
    Marina
    http://www.maridress.blogspot.it/
    https://www.facebook.com/maridressfashionblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post! I have a Mini too :)
    I follow you right now via google friend, visit my blog and follow back if you like it? :) www.kelataconea.com
    Kisses from Spain, Kela

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog, you look so beautiful.
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet! Thanks so much xo

      Delete
  10. thank you for stopping by on my blog!! lovley ohotos and cute blog :)

    This Girl Loves Chic  Facebook : ThisGirlLovesChic  xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post.love your bag.its so pretty
    Wanna follow each other on bloglovin & gfc
    Let me know
    Kisses
    Glamourzone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww thanks! Will check your blog out! :)

      Delete
  12. You look so pretty! You're grandma and mother are gorgeous too! You're right with their fashion sense! I hope you had a fab Easter!
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you!! hope you had a swell easter as well! xo

      Delete
  13. Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! Love that black and white shirt and that black LV bag... WOW!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit of the day and I wish I had all of your makeup!
    You're so adorable Chloe!
    I’d love for us to keep in touch via GFC. Let me know on my blog, I’ll be sure to follow back! :)
    Hope you're having a lovely Monday!xx

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW that's so sweet :) Thank you! I'll be sure to check your blog out! xo

      Delete
  15. Hey :) Thanks for visiting my blog - you wanted to do a follow for follow?
    I followed you on GFC and Bloglovin'!

    Anika
    ANIKA MILLER // FASHION, BEAUTY AND LIFESTYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really lovely post!! I loved your make up stuff and your outfit was super cute!! I just found your blog and I really like it so I followed you!! Keep in touch!!
    Maria xox
    http://aresmar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ladies look so elegant!

    Very nicve bag and necklace :)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Belated happy easter! xo

      Delete
  18. I love your new stuff!! You have a lovely family! Kisses doll

    http://mapetitebyana.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  19. How do you like the MUF concealer?
    (Love the style of the Louis Vuitton bag by the way)

    xo Ingrid
    Style Prosciutto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ingrid! :) I love love love that concealer. It really does the job right for me. :) Thanks! :)

      Delete

"There are times when we are sure of who we are and who we want to be. I believe this time is that time."

Hey! Thanks for stopping by, please don't forget to comment down below so we can chat!